Crunchy Sunflower Seed Cookies
These crunchy nutritious Sunflower Seed Cookies are free from added sugar and jam-packed with goodness. Sunflower seeds are a nutrient dense food providing high levels of essential fatty acids and protein, plus vitamin E and minerals calcium, magnesium, selenium and zinc.
2 cup rolled oats 1 cup almond meal
3 heap Tbsp sunflower seeds 1 cup shredded coconut ¼ cup cold pressed coconut oil 7 medjool dates, deseeded 3 tbsp raw honey or 100% maple syrup 1 tsp vanilla bean paste ¼ cup sunflower seed butter (or almond butter)
1. Preheat oven to 150*C and line a cookie tray with baking paper. You can also use a silicon cup cake tray for perfectly shaped cookies.
2. Place all ingredients in your food processor and blend until well combined and mixture sticks together with fingers.
3. Make 30 small cookies by making a ball with a spoonful of mixture then flattening it out on your cookie tray.
4. Place in the oven to bake for 18-20 minutes, until they are a light golden colour.
5. Allow cookies to cool before eating. Store your cookies in the fridge.